Title: English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Teacher
Department: English Programs
Location: Jiading campus, Shanghai
Reporting to: Head – English Department
Overall Role Description:
An EFL Teacher at SILC prepares / plans and delivers all teaching requirements end-to-end on a termly basis using a prescribed syllabus and materials.
English teachers duties are divided into three categories: teaching requirements, administrative requirements and additional requirements.
Details of Position
1. Nationality: the United Kingdom, the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Ireland (visa requirement)
2. at least holding a bachelor degree
3. two years’ experience as an English teacher OR holding a CELTA/DELTA/TEFL certificate
1. Desirable qualifications are a DELTA and a relevant MA
2. Desirable experience involves teaching Academic English within a university context and to Chinese students
3. Candidates will be expected to possess an ability to work closely with co-teachers and to have a clear interest in professional development
4. Due to Covid-19 travel restrictions, preference will be given to applicants already in China.