Qingdao Experimental High School is now hiring a Full-time ESL instructor!
Qingdao Experimental High School is one of the top public high schools in Qingdao, China. The school is most well-known for its international programs and open-minded culture. It is located in the Chengyang District of Qingdao, 5 minutes from downtown Chengyang and 45 minutes from the city hall. We are now hiring for our international department for September 2022. Our international department delivers the Global Assessment Certificate (or GAC, a curriculum managed by AES, a subsidiary of ACT Inc.) and GAC Foundation program to students preparing to study abroad in western universities. For the GAC program, we emphasize study skills, critical thinking, experiential learning, and college-style assessments. When our students complete the program, we hope that they will not only have the skills to succeed at the university level, but excel. For the GAC Foundation program, we build students’ English skills so they can enter the more challenging and academically-oriented GAC program after they complete the Foundation courses. Learn more about our GAC and GAC Foundation curriculums at: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/act-international-programs/global-assessment-certificate-programs.html . We also provide a variety of language programs to local high schools and middle schools.
ESL and Foundation English Instructor. Instructor will deliver the GAC and GAC Foundation English programs to students that are planning to study in western countries for college. In addition, the instructor will teach oral English classes to high school students in grades 10 and 11.
Chengyang; this is a district of Qingdao located approximately 45 minutes from downtown Qingdao and about 15 minutes from TAO (Qingdao International Airport).
* Base Salary of 16,000-18,000 RMB
* Free Accommodation OR a Housing Stipend
* Monthly bonus
* Travel and visa reimbursements
* Summer holiday and winter/spring holiday
* Native English Speaker from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, S. Africa, the UK, or the US
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Experience teaching Oral English skills to high school students
* 20 teaching hours/week, plus 4 office hours per week (completed in the office or the classroom)
* Grading, lesson planning, and other teaching-related paperwork
* Staff meetings and other professional development activities (might require commuting to downtown Qingdao from time to time)
To apply, email [email protected]