Our school is seeking fun, energetic, creative, and engaging teachers to join our team.
Teachers are responsible for teaching English to students age 0 to adult by engaging them in a fully immersed English environment. Teachers should be comfortable being active with younger students including singing songs, reading stories and playing games. Other responsibilities include creating lesson plans, participation in events and other activities, among other things.
Work weeks are from Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday. Teachers are assigned their schedule based on the current need. Teachers may also be requested to work on some weekends for special events.
– MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN JAPAN.
– Must be willing to relocate to Kagawa or Ehime prefectures.
– If you are currently living in Japan, you must have a valid Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services status or be willing to switch your visa to the one mentioned.
– Driver’s license in home country required. If you currently living in Japan, an International Driving Permit or Japanese driver’s license is preferred.
– Must have an associate’s degree or higher.
– Immediate availability preferred.
– Full time and part time contracts available. Couples are welcome to apply.
– Must be a Native speaker of North American English
– Housing will be set up before the arrival of applicants.
– Moving costs within Japan will be fiscally covered.
– A company cell phone will be provided for use upon arrival.
– A company car will be provided for teachers to use.
– Upon completion of the contract, Gem School will provide a one-way flight home.
– These are but a few of the teachers perks that are provided by Gem School.
If you are interested in applying and meet the above requirements please submit your resume with a residence card photo.
Gem School is located in Shikoku, Japan, one of Japan’s 4 major islands. We operate in several cities throughout Kagawa and Ehime prefectures. Kagawa and Ehime are the northern prefectures of Shikoku with a coastline on the Seto Inland Sea. The prefectures are surrounded by lush green mountains, charm, and beautiful sights to explore beyond the big city lights.
Gem School was founded in 1981. Since then it has grown to thirteen different locations throughout Kagawa and Ehime prefectures. Gem School has won multiple awards over the years, both regional and national, the most notable being the Great Place to Work award 5 years consecutively. Our school is an English conversation school. We are constantly growing and are looking for exciting teachers who can make learning English fun! Gem School teaches students of all ages catering specifically to English Conversation instruction to Japanese students. We are seeking fun, energetic, creative, and engaging applicants with a passion for teaching English.
To apply, email [email protected]