We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at elementary schools or Secondary schools in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
***** YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
***** SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
We are now recruiting instructors for the Spring 2022 term.
In lessons on both the Young Learners and Secondary School English Programs, the Westgate instructor would be the sole instructor in the classroom, not an assistant language teacher.
For the Spring 2022 term, lessons in these programs are set to be delivered face-to-face on campus. However, it is possible that the method of lesson delivery could be switched to online teaching or a combination of in-class and online lessons. There is even the possibility of instructors being asked to be present on campus to deliver online lessons. Therefore, we are looking for applicants who would be willing to work on campus and/or remotely if needed.
In order to be able to teach for Westgate online, you would need to meet the following requirements.
– CPU: Intel Core i3 or higher (Core i5 or higher preferred)
– Memory: 4GB or higher (8GB or higher preferred)
– Internet speed: 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 6Mbps or faster preferred
– Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10
– May 2020 Update  or newer; or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to check with us to confirm whether it is ok or not)
– Browser: Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome 90 or newer; or Apple Safari 14.1 or newer
– Valid and active anti-virus software
– Web camera and microphone
– Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate.
For more details, please read the Application Information for the Spring 2022 Term on our website or from the link below.
– University graduate with a bachelor’s and/or more advanced degree and one of the following:
a) 500+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
– Some classroom teaching experience with young learners (for Young Learners positions)
* No Japanese language ability is required.
* Non-EFL/ESL teaching experience may be considered.
– Spring Term: Late March to Late July (approx. 4 months)
– Fall Term: Late August to March of the following year (approx. 7 months)
– One School Year: Late March to March of the following year (approx. 12 months)
– Approximately 290,000 yen per month
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figure listed above.
– HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
– WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
– RENEWABLE contract.
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates for our University Program (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi).
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students’ lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate at https://www.westgatejapan.com/
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
To apply, email [email protected]