***** YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
***** SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
We are now recruiting instructors for the Spring 2022 term.
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
In lessons on both the Young Learners and Secondary School English Programs, the Westgate instructor would be the sole instructor in the classroom, not an assistant language teacher.
For the Spring 2022 term, lessons in these programs are set to be delivered face-to-face on campus. However, it is possible that the method of lesson delivery could be switched to online teaching or a combination of in-class and online lessons.
There is even the possibility of instructors being asked to be present on campus to deliver online lessons. Therefore, we are looking for applicants who would be willing to work on campus and/or remotely if needed.
In order to be able to teach for Westgate online, you would need to meet the following requirements.
– CPU: Intel Core i3 or higher (Core i5 or higher preferred)
– Memory: 4GB or higher (8GB or higher preferred)
– Internet speed: 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 6Mbps or faster preferred
– Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10
– May 2020 Update  or newer; or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to check with us to confirm whether it is ok or not)
– Browser: Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome 90 or newer; or Apple Safari 14.1 or newer
– Valid and active anti-virus software
– Web camera and microphone
– Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate.
For more details, please read the Application Information for the Spring 2022 Term on our website.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
– One School Year: Late March to March of the following year (approx. 12 months)
– Spring Term: Late March to Late July (approx. 4 months)
– Fall Term: Late August to March of the following year (approx. 7 months)
3) LOCATION: Aichi
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates for our University Program (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi).
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year.
Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate at our website.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
* No Japanese language ability is required.
* Non-EFL/ESL teaching experience may be considered.
– HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
– WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
– RENEWABLE contract.