EF Changsha is looking to recruit dynamic, creative English teachers to join their tenacious teaching team. EF Changsha is part of the largest education group in the world. This is an exciting chance for someone looking to live in a captivating city and to work in a school where you can really make a difference. EF Changsha offers a range of courses across all levels and abilities. The main focus is on young learners aged 3 to 14 years old, but also offer courses to teenagers and adult students. Emphasis is placed on providing an engaging and varied learning experience to all students. Course materials are backed up with a large collection of teaching resources. Teacher training and ongoing academic support is also given the highest priority.
Contract duration: 12 months
• Work 5 days a week
• Maximum 20 hours teaching per week
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing new students
• Use audio/video materials in classes & lesson planning
• Attend center social events
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars, and presentations
-Native English speaker from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
-Bachelor’s degree (South African candidates need a Bachelor’s in Education or English Major to meet working visa requirements)
-Teaching certificate, preferably 120 hours TEFL / TESOL / CELTA
-1-2 years teaching experience preferred but not essential (For candidates from South Africa, 2 years of post-degree teaching experience is essential to meet working visa requirements)
-Notarized and clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months
-A desire to work hard and play hard!
Monthly gross pay is 15500 to 21000 RMB which includes the following:
• Basic salary: 12000 to 16000 RMB
• 2000 RMB housing allowance or free housing
• Monthly performance bonuses of up to 1500 RMB
Additional contract completion bonus: 13000 RMB which includes flight allowance and also a loyalty bonus of 3000 RMB.
• Legal Z work visa
• Legal residence permit
• Work visa fee and document authentication fee reimbursement 4000 RMB
• Airport/train station pick up and help to settle in
• Housing ready and fully furnished upon arrival
• Free worldwide coverage of health insurance (Aetna) and medical check
• General day-to-day support without knowing Chinese (bank account, mobile phone, shopping, doctors…)
• Holidays: 10 days + all national holidays (total = 21+ depending on length of service)
• Paid sick leave
• Career development opportunities both here in Changsha and as a part of the world’s largest private language school
To apply for this job opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note they are unable to respond to applications that do not meet the requirements mentioned above.